Andrew Aidan, Our Fighting Warrior!

Andrew Aidan and his dog Beemer have been the pride and joy of their parents, Michelle & Roi ever since they were born. AA loved to take walks outside, play with his best friend Beemer and his Thomas the Tank Engine set of toys along with any other plane, helicopter, car, truck toy he can get his hand on. For those that have met him, they saw the soul of a mature adult in the body of a sweet, loving boy with a beautiful smile. He bravely battled an aggressive, inoperable, rare form of brain tumor called Atypical Teratoid Rhabdoid Tumor or AT/RT that spread to his spine as well. This type of cancer effects less than 50 children a year in this country. He has been an inspiration to us and we are sure he will be a vessel of motivation to those in similar situations. Thank you God for protecting our boy!

Thank You!
Andrew Aidan (R.I.P.) , Michelle (Mother), Roi (Dad) & Beemer

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Five Months of A Shooting Star

Hello dear friends and family...today marks five months since we last held and kissed our wonderful boy Andrew Aidan...it has been five months that we really wished never would have come to pass in the manner in which it did...when we embarked on the journey of being parents we wanted to really experience parenthood in a manner that was different to what we had experienced ourselves as children.... We wanted to have a different connection with our boy and the subsequent other children we would probably have in an ideal world...the idea of having a great relationship with AA was an idea which became a reality upon his birth...having such a beautiful person to care for was and is the highlight of our lives... It's a responsibility that so many get a chance to have and very few get a chance to enjoy and appreciate...for time has a mind of its own and never cares for love or feelings...well, as life usually unfolds... It is now AA who watches over us..we live our days not trying to move on without him but trying to move closer to him for he is still with us... And the following story is further proof that life is not a series of random coincidences but a garden of well coordinated experiences... Last Saturday, was a tough day for me
( Roi )... You see I am currently living in Florida finishing flight school which I started last year...I was missing Michelle, Beemer and Andrew Aidan very much...I decided to come outside and just speak to Andrew and tell him how much I missed and loved him...I told Andrew, "I miss you so much AA. If only I could see you again or just hear you voice for a brief instance... If only you could let me know you are hearing me by a shooting star or something... Would you believe that at the precise moment I said shooting ( I didn't even get a chance to finish the phrase) a shooting star passed right in the section of the sky that I was staring at and precisely at the moment I asked AA... Definitely not a coincidence.... As you could imagine I definitely was amazed and started crying on the spot...as I thanked him for speaking with me another shooting star flashed for a second time in the same spot I was just staring at...Amazing...
Well here is to our shooting star, our boy, and our hero in life... We love you and miss you...
Mama, Papa and Beemer

No comments:

Post a Comment