Andrew Aidan, Our Fighting Warrior!

Andrew Aidan and his dog Beemer have been the pride and joy of their parents, Michelle & Roi ever since they were born. AA loved to take walks outside, play with his best friend Beemer and his Thomas the Tank Engine set of toys along with any other plane, helicopter, car, truck toy he can get his hand on. For those that have met him, they saw the soul of a mature adult in the body of a sweet, loving boy with a beautiful smile. He bravely battled an aggressive, inoperable, rare form of brain tumor called Atypical Teratoid Rhabdoid Tumor or AT/RT that spread to his spine as well. This type of cancer effects less than 50 children a year in this country. He has been an inspiration to us and we are sure he will be a vessel of motivation to those in similar situations. Thank you God for protecting our boy!

Thank You!
Andrew Aidan (R.I.P.) , Michelle (Mother), Roi (Dad) & Beemer

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Father's Day Thank You

As Father's Day approached last week we were worried as to how difficult it was going to be. We were right. It was a very difficult week that was hard to deal with. Thankfully I had a lot of support. I even had Michelle pay me a visit for the Father's Day weekend which was very, very helpful. I even was surprised by a call from a fellow father of a cancer warrior friend of ours that has gone through the same battle as us and had the same result. His angel is now watching over him and his family. It was nice to have him call and encourage Michelle & I to stay strong and hopefully we did the same for them. Sometimes, we forget how men handle difficult situations such as this and most of us do not do too well in expressing ourselves. I have to say that during this experience over the last year we have met some truly courageous people. People that are inspired by love to fight the unknown. I have to say that it was probably the first time in my adult life that I have met so many people like that. Sure Father's Day is a day to celebrate the fatherly figures in our lives, but it is also a great time to celebrate the people that support these dads. The wives, mothers, aunts, grandmothers, sisters, friends, neighbors and co-workers that many times go out of their way to help these men. In our instance, I will say that the support I got helped out tremendously. I thank all of those wonderful people for helping. You all know who you are.   

Michelle & Roi

No comments:

Post a Comment