Andrew Aidan, Our Fighting Warrior!

Andrew Aidan and his dog Beemer have been the pride and joy of their parents, Michelle & Roi ever since they were born. AA loved to take walks outside, play with his best friend Beemer and his Thomas the Tank Engine set of toys along with any other plane, helicopter, car, truck toy he can get his hand on. For those that have met him, they saw the soul of a mature adult in the body of a sweet, loving boy with a beautiful smile. He bravely battled an aggressive, inoperable, rare form of brain tumor called Atypical Teratoid Rhabdoid Tumor or AT/RT that spread to his spine as well. This type of cancer effects less than 50 children a year in this country. He has been an inspiration to us and we are sure he will be a vessel of motivation to those in similar situations. Thank you God for protecting our boy!

Thank You!
Andrew Aidan (R.I.P.) , Michelle (Mother), Roi (Dad) & Beemer

Sunday, January 29, 2012

48 Hour Update After Surgery

Sundays! I remember when Sundays were simple days. They were great for church going, eating at diners, going to my little league games or getting ready for the upcoming week.  In my modern and present reality, Sundays are just like every other day, they are days that I pray, wish, implore, beg God and the universe to totally cure my junior co-pilot in life, my buddy, my son, my AA. My wife will tell you and even I admit it in my ripe old age of 35 years, I have always gone after what I wanted, and usually in a rather selfish way, sometimes sacrificing things that I shouldn't have, but all of that changed when I became the first person to hold Andrew Aidan.  Now I feel like everyday is not Sunday but Sonday (the day of my son).  I am sure that most parents can agree with that sentiment.  
Today, Sunday, AA is doing better he is more alert. Still cranky or not eating or drinking.  Thankfully he has not had any fevers while at Sloan eventhough we were a bit worried when we saw his eyes moving in a weird manner. The doctors, neurosurgeons came by and assured as that they are fairly certain that this type of behavior is common after brain procedures and should go away soon.  One of his primary physicians, Dr. Gilheeney even came by and spent some time making us laugh and being as positive as he can without promising anything. You learn rather quickly that Dr.'s cant really promise the world because let's face it they would probably be sued left and right.  We were happy to have him come by and feel lucky to have some really thoughtful, caring and talented M.D's by our side.  AA just finished getting some platelets in order to help him stay healthy and continues to be a wonderful example of resiliency and strength.  We love you AA and so do so many more people.  I leave you with one final thought before I sign off tonight: 
""When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.""
Paulo Coelho
Thank you Lord and good night. 
Roi






No comments:

Post a Comment