Andrew Aidan, Our Fighting Warrior!

Andrew Aidan and his dog Beemer have been the pride and joy of their parents, Michelle & Roi ever since they were born. AA loved to take walks outside, play with his best friend Beemer and his Thomas the Tank Engine set of toys along with any other plane, helicopter, car, truck toy he can get his hand on. For those that have met him, they saw the soul of a mature adult in the body of a sweet, loving boy with a beautiful smile. He bravely battled an aggressive, inoperable, rare form of brain tumor called Atypical Teratoid Rhabdoid Tumor or AT/RT that spread to his spine as well. This type of cancer effects less than 50 children a year in this country. He has been an inspiration to us and we are sure he will be a vessel of motivation to those in similar situations. Thank you God for protecting our boy!

Thank You!
Andrew Aidan (R.I.P.) , Michelle (Mother), Roi (Dad) & Beemer

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Butterfly In The Sand

The following is a text Michelle received from one of our friends from Memorial Sloan Kettering. Yesterday she was having a photo shoot done with Inspiration Through Art, the same organization that did AA's photo shoot as her daughter has beaten cancer and is doing well to date. As her daughters walked ahead of her she then had a conversation with the photographer about AA. The following is her story. We are glad that we met them and are
glad that AA's life has been an inspiration and a source of strength for many.
Roi

"I have to tell you this story...we were at the beach tonight around 6pm taking pics through inspiration art...we were almost done it was getting late and the sun was setting...the photographer was telling me I had to sign a release so the pics can go on their site.I said I know because friends of mine did a photo shoot....The girls walked away and I told her all about little AA....at that very moment a butterfly flew down from out of no where and landed on the sand. I was thinking about the story Roi told about his butterfly ....I bent down and it crawled up my arm so softly....she took pictures she and I were both crying....it was a true sign we were just talking at that very moment of AA .....his life has touched so many of us....I am so thankful I was able to meet him.....we love him!"

No comments:

Post a Comment