Andrew Aidan, Our Fighting Warrior!

Andrew Aidan and his dog Beemer have been the pride and joy of their parents, Michelle & Roi ever since they were born. AA loved to take walks outside, play with his best friend Beemer and his Thomas the Tank Engine set of toys along with any other plane, helicopter, car, truck toy he can get his hand on. For those that have met him, they saw the soul of a mature adult in the body of a sweet, loving boy with a beautiful smile. He bravely battled an aggressive, inoperable, rare form of brain tumor called Atypical Teratoid Rhabdoid Tumor or AT/RT that spread to his spine as well. This type of cancer effects less than 50 children a year in this country. He has been an inspiration to us and we are sure he will be a vessel of motivation to those in similar situations. Thank you God for protecting our boy!

Thank You!
Andrew Aidan (R.I.P.) , Michelle (Mother), Roi (Dad) & Beemer

Friday, May 11, 2012

A Coat of Primer On Your Life

It's such a nice day today. I'm at home painting our place as we are still on this journey of recovery. Days like these are some of my favorites because AA & I would go for our walks on such days. As I paint the place I remember all of the fine details that go into making a home look and feel the way you want it. Painting of the trim, sanding the walls and preparing the walls with primer just to mention some things. Similar to the fine details that define our relationships with the ones we love. Sometimes, well no, everyday I wish that there was a special primer that existed for our lives. A primer that you can just add on the imperfections that are on the walls of our lives. Hopefully, it would cover the pain, the disease and the death that many of us experience. Especially, the big wall of losing AA on this level of our existence. We have been doing our best to lean on the faith and hope that lies in the belief of an after life. When my gas tank of hope runs low and I find myself crying incessantly I do my best to fill it up with the hope I find in AA's constant spiritual presence. It's something I notice that is constant. It's also so amazing that when we are low he always finds a way to reach out to us and let us know he is with us. As much as we would like to make this go away and have AA be back with us in the physical realm, we can't and no amount of wall primer can erase that from the walls of our lives.
Roi

No comments:

Post a Comment