Andrew Aidan, Our Fighting Warrior!

Andrew Aidan and his dog Beemer have been the pride and joy of their parents, Michelle & Roi ever since they were born. AA loved to take walks outside, play with his best friend Beemer and his Thomas the Tank Engine set of toys along with any other plane, helicopter, car, truck toy he can get his hand on. For those that have met him, they saw the soul of a mature adult in the body of a sweet, loving boy with a beautiful smile. He bravely battled an aggressive, inoperable, rare form of brain tumor called Atypical Teratoid Rhabdoid Tumor or AT/RT that spread to his spine as well. This type of cancer effects less than 50 children a year in this country. He has been an inspiration to us and we are sure he will be a vessel of motivation to those in similar situations. Thank you God for protecting our boy!

Thank You!
Andrew Aidan (R.I.P.) , Michelle (Mother), Roi (Dad) & Beemer

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Change

Change...the ability or action that is performed by someone or something to modify their current or future situation. That is my definition for change when I just sat down to think about the change we have just gone through over the last year. In reality why the hell does change have to be so hard. I prefer the "easy" changes in life, like " I changed my mind lets have Chinese for dinner" or " you know what, I am tired of this job, it's time for a change". Never would I have thought that Michelle, Andrew Aidan & I would have gone this route. Having a member of your pack, your loved one vanish away from the planet is such a mind twisting experience. Thinking about change started today when I was writing a text to Michelle and I said in the text " Andrew Aidan come back I need back up". Although I said it in a playful manner it just reminded me that our Angel Warrior has our back in other ways these days. It reminded me that longing for him is just as hard as the first days or as when we first learned of his diagnosis.
In our situation, it just sucks that we have and will make change for the good of the family but he will be watching us make those changes not actively participating in them. As I finish painting our place I contemplate what it would have been to have him painting along side me. A nice father/son moment that will only live in my imagination These are just some of the changes that we all make at some point in our lives. Hopefully some of us are spared the pain that comes along with some change. Have a great day everyone and tell someone you love them and really mean it. You'll be surprised how special that phrase really is when it is appreciated.
Roi

No comments:

Post a Comment