Andrew Aidan, Our Fighting Warrior!

Andrew Aidan and his dog Beemer have been the pride and joy of their parents, Michelle & Roi ever since they were born. AA loved to take walks outside, play with his best friend Beemer and his Thomas the Tank Engine set of toys along with any other plane, helicopter, car, truck toy he can get his hand on. For those that have met him, they saw the soul of a mature adult in the body of a sweet, loving boy with a beautiful smile. He bravely battled an aggressive, inoperable, rare form of brain tumor called Atypical Teratoid Rhabdoid Tumor or AT/RT that spread to his spine as well. This type of cancer effects less than 50 children a year in this country. He has been an inspiration to us and we are sure he will be a vessel of motivation to those in similar situations. Thank you God for protecting our boy!

Thank You!
Andrew Aidan (R.I.P.) , Michelle (Mother), Roi (Dad) & Beemer

Friday, March 23, 2012

I Am Always With You


I wanted to share with you the the poem I read for AA's wake. Hope everyone had a a good day.
Roi

I Am Always With You

When I am gone, release me, let me go.
I have so many things to see and do,
You mustn't tie yourself to me with too many tears,

But be thankful we had so many good years.
I gave you my love, and you can only guess
How much you've given me in happiness.

I thank you for the love that you have shown,
But now it is time I traveled on alone.

So grieve for me a while, if grieve you must
Then let your grief be comforted by trust
That it is only for a while that we must part,
So treasure the memories within your heart.

I won't be far away for life goes on.
And if you need me, call and I will come.
Though you can't see or touch me, I will be near
And if you listen with your heart, you'll hear
All my love around you soft and clear

And then, when you come this way alone,
I'll greet you with a smile and a "Welcome Home".

No comments:

Post a Comment